Monday, September 28, 2015

Experiencing God Daily Devotional Book

Book Review for Experiencing God Daily Devotional Book by Henry Blackaby and Richard Blackaby

The Breaking Through by Sir Dodong Cacanando gave me the interest to google search the   Experiencing with God by Henry Blackaby book. Based on his story, this book had taught him the best way to follow God is not to ask for detailed instructions, but to intimately walk with Him one step at a time, and one day at a time.




After then, I decided to grab a copy of this book and fortunately found one at Philippine Christian Bookstores. Since I am using an android phones, I had installed NIV Bible and Bible New Living Translation application to my 2 mobile phones. I personally used them both during my QUIET Time.

NIV Bible and Bible New Living Translation via Google app

My day usually starts at around 3:30 to 4 o’clock in the morning. I cook breakfast and pack lunch for my kids while drinking coffee. Once I had prepared their food and my kids started to ready themselves for school, I also get myself ready for QUIET Time.

It my choice to start my day reading the Bible and this book before turning on the laptop to start daily works at My Little Angels Online Shop. I used to read about 2-3 daily reflection articles and the reference scriptures on daily basis until it becomes a habit. 

When I failed to do so, something went wrong in either the business or family relationship. When things got rough, I pray for God’s help and deliverance for my wrong doings that took my attention away from Him. Later on, it made me realized that spending time with Him fills the emptiness inside me.

There is no assurance that blessings received yesterday will remain today or somehow we will receive much more than today. Everything are given by God in His perfect time. True riches comes to us when we abide God and walk with Him. We all don't know what will happen to us today or later, its out of our control. As He allowed me to wake up again before the sun rise, I want to start my morning seeking God's grace, blessings and guidance as I face the day ahead. 

Truly this little book had share so much unexpectedly for it develop and strengthen my faith that He will be with me in every way, all the way. He is my Father that only wants what best for me.

I am honestly not rich in money and properties but despite the life difficulties I am in today, by faith God will make a way for me. For everything He had given me, I am so much thankful and blessed. He always gives me more than I can bring back.

image were grabbed at http://image.slidesharecdn.com/godwillmakeaway

Find time to watch this video, allow yourself to pause for a while and talk to Him in open heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsMAXhc0QTs


This book has index of readings, subjects and scriptures that will let us experience God’s grace, peace, joy and love on whatever circumstances we are going through.

In this book I read about the value of obedience to God's commandments. We have a choice, to disobey His commands, we would face His wrath; to obey Him, we will receive His blessings. God's word comes to us not too complex to understand, but the greatest challenge is how to commit our lives to follow God's will obediently as He reveals it.

May you find time to grab a copy and spend QUITE time for spiritual development, its worth paying for. May God continue to shower us with all His blessings as we face our day to day struggles, shortfalls and success.

Thank you for your time, to God be all the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment